Thursday, July 1, 2010

Gourmet Grilled Cheese



okay I saw the idea for this on a cooking special on PBS one night.


I used homemade wheat bread
mixture of shredded cheeses
Leeks
green onions
chives
garlic

You can use any bread you like the more gourmet the bread the more gourmet the sandwhich:) If you use plain white bread cut the edges off.
The original recipe used a variety of 6 different onion and she did not cook hers first.

I used leeks that I cleaned very well and cut small then sauted in olive oil with the garlic. I then added the green onions and chives raw.
I added my mixture of shredded cheeses( i would recommend hand shredding not store bought for the melting ability) to a couple spoon fulls of onion mixture onto bread that had buttered sides. Then cook as you would any grilled cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment